This coffee making machine has the trappings of a great coffee maker. The designers no doubt had put in all in their kitty to ensure that you have your cup of coffee just as it ought to be- 100% original.
Every product will have to go through some level of strict tests before such can be certified fit for the consumers’ use. This machine is no exception to that rule.
The SCCA(Specialty Coffee Association of America) has done their part. At the end; this coffee brewing machine was certified fit for brewing coffee for human consumption. The objective of this article is to carry out an unbiased critical review of this machine with the aim of letting you know the real pros and cons of this machine. At the end of the day, you will get a clearer understanding of what this machine is all about.
If a machine will get it right or otherwise, the designers will determine the answer. For this brewing machine, the designers can be given a pat on the back for a job well executed to actual precision. What did they get right? Think about the following:
- The filter basket is a perfect fit. It will not overflow with coffee to mess the table. The basket is custom built so that it will not mess you up with unwanted spillage.
- The extraction of the coffee is even. You are going to get that uniform taste that you so desire. The extraction is pure coffee; no bye product added.
- The brewing temperature is perfect for a perfect product. The temperature is ideal to extract the coffee. This temperature range is between 195-205 degrees freight.
- The brew time is fast. In some cases, in two minutes, your hot cup of coffee is ready! The maximum time expected to get your coffee is eight minutes.
- This coffee machine has a thermal carafe. The science of thermal conduction was well exploited here to the benefit of the consumers. The end result is that you will always have your coffee hot. You can keep your coffee at the temperature of your choice thanks to the thermal glass carafe.Yes, you may argue that other coffee machines will do this for you. But wait a minute, how many of such can you use without the traditional coffee spill? None l can categorically say. The Bonavita BV 1800 will never allow a spill.
- The material used in constructing this machine is a very good conductor of heat. This machine is purely made from stainless steel. That is a big plus bearing in mind that coffee is expected to be served hot.
This carafe is easy to clean. You can conveniently get into it to have it cleaned. The filter basket is removable; thereby making the disposal of the coffee chaff easy to dispose of. There will be no spill at all.
DurableIt comes with a two years’ warranty. This goes to assure the consumer that this product is built to last the test of time. If anything unpleasant happens within the time frame, you are sure protected. BV1800 is built to last.
- Some model of the machine comes with another beautiful consumer friendly design. It will do the work of a robot for you if you so desire. It comes with an inbuilt timer that starts brewing automatically just at the time you have programmed it for. On getting out of bed, your hot cup of coffee is there to be served you. The BV 1800 has none of this, but the speedy time brew of 5-7 minutes adequately compensates for this.
- This model sadly is not programmed. The designers forgot the importance of a clock and timer in their design. This is a minus for the BV1800.
- One major complaint from the consumers of this product going by the statistics of their reviews is that the glass liner of the carafe gets shattered in some cases.
- There is no allowance for pause and serve.
- To empty the BV1800 of the last drop of coffee, then you have to hold the carafe upside down.