Mr.Coffee espresso/cappuccino coffee machines of Café Barista Series are considered to be as one of the most popular and handful kitchen appliance. These coffee machines are widely used all over the USA and Canada both at coffeehouses and at home.
Mr. Coffee Café Barista coffee machines are handy and useful. They have a wide range of functional features and can brew really nice espresso and milk beverages (see more here). But problems sometimes can occur. The system stops working or brewing. And sometimes it’s rather hard to find out the reason. So, let’s watch over the problems that may occur with your Mr.Coffee Coffee machine, and find out how to solve them.
- 1 What if Mr.Coffee Café Barista stopped working?
- 1.1 1. While brewing process coffee does not come out the machine.
- 1.2 2. Coffee comes out around the edge of the portafilter.
- 1.3 3. Milk in Mr.Coffee is not foamy after frothing
- 1.4 4. Foam and milk don’t come out the frothing tube.
- 1.5 5. Coffee comes out your Mr.Coffee too quickly.
- 1.6 6. What to do if coffee comes to weak?
- 1.7 7. Three lights on the control panel flash alternatively, what happens?
- 1.8 8. Milk reservoir lights are not illuminated, there is no frothing.
- 1.9 9. Water does not come out the water tank.
- 2 In conclusion
What if Mr.Coffee Café Barista stopped working?
First of all, let us mention that we will speak about BVMC and ECMPT series. These coffee machines have common problems and very close solvation methods. Let’s begin.
1. While brewing process coffee does not come out the machine.
The problem may have several causes:
- not enough water in the water tank;
- too fine coffee grind;
- too much coffee in the coffee filter;
- coffee is pressed too much;
- device is not turned on.
So, if your Mr.Coffee does not pour coffee into the cup, make sure you poured the water reservoir and turned on the appliance. Change the coffee grind on medium, and while preparing to brew don’t put too much coffee into the filter. Don’t press coffee too tight to prevent filter plugging. Remember, that M.Coffee can brew perfect espresso with less but not too less coffee.
2. Coffee comes out around the edge of the portafilter.
It is the very common problem when your filter is not locked. But also the cause may be in the basket rim: coffee grounds around the basket edge and stops proper work of the device. So, to fix the problem, wipe off the rim and clean the filter. Then make sure you put it in the full lock position. And remember, don’t put too much coffee into the filter, don’t press it too tight.
3. Milk in Mr.Coffee is not foamy after frothing
This problem may occur because of two reasons: device ran out the steam or milk is not cold enough. So, to solve it first of all make sure that there is enough water in the reservoir. Fill it if it’s empty. Then chill the milk. Mind that milk should be cold and whole (not boiled). The warm or hot liquid can be hardly frothed.
4. Foam and milk don’t come out the frothing tube.
If in your Mr.Coffee Coffee machine milk doesn’t come out the frothing tube then chek the tube. It can be blocked and you will need to clear it. To clear the frothing tube and milk reservoir follow several steps:
- place empty cup under the tube, mind that cup should be rather large;
- if necessary, fill the water tank, make sure, it’s full;
- ame the tube into the cup;
- adjust the control knob to CLEAN;
- press LATTE/CLEAN button, hold it until the pump starts working, then release the button;
- wait for 30 second until the cleaning function stops;
- throw away the contents in the cup;
- take off the milk tank from the appliance, discard remaining liquid;
- wash and rinse the parts of the reservoir.
5. Coffee comes out your Mr.Coffee too quickly.
The problem may occur because you use too coarse grind coffee.Try the finer one. Also, it can happen because of less coffee in the portafilter. Fill the filter properly for better taste.
6. What to do if coffee comes to weak?
If you feel that espresso from your Mr.Coffee Cafe Barista is too weak, then check the filter. It’s possible that you use the small filter for the double shot of coffee. Also, check the coffee grind: coarse grinding makes weaker coffee. To get stronger espresso use the finer grind, but not too fine to prevent the filter blocking.
7. Three lights on the control panel flash alternatively, what happens?
If this happens ― check the water tank. There is a high possibility that reservoir runs out the water. Pour the water in it, and everything will stay all right.
8. Milk reservoir lights are not illuminated, there is no frothing.
To fix the problem check milk reservoir: it’s either not inserted or not inserted fully. So, insert milk tank if it’s not inserted. If it’s inserted push it firmly until the lights on the control panel are illuminated.
9. Water does not come out the water tank.
Possible causes for this problem may be in the not removed red plug from the reservoir base or in the water tank that was not inserted correctly. To solve the problem just remove the red plug from the water reservoir base. Mind that red plug is located in the where the water tank attaches to its base. If the red unit is removed and water still is not being pulled in, check if the reservoir is placed correctly. It must help.
Here we gave you several tips how to fix most common problems that may occur with you Mr.Coffee Cafe Barista espresso machine. If these tips didn’t help you to find any salvation don’t try to fix or repair your appliance by yourselves. It may cause more damage. Call or try to find official Mr.Coffee service center and bring the device there.
Mr.Coffee gives one-year limited guaranty on each its product and device. So, you can find a help and fix espresso machine for free.